Saturday 29 June 2013

Kawaii! Japan's Culture of Cute



I entered a competition on www.supercutekawaii.com to win a book and I won!!! Woo!

I looooove books and this looked amazingly adorable! I have a few books on Japanese culture, mostly fashion books like Fruits, and thought this would make an excellent addition to my collection!

The selfie of myself with the book was requested by the publishing company, there is also an image of the book alone below! I believe the book is £16.99 to purchase and is available at all good book retailers! (currently £10.87 at Amazon! Bargain!)


I haven't had the chance to read it all thoroughly but I have had a good flick through and it looks amazing! The images used are perfect examples of kawaii Japan. They even have an image of the Hello Kitty suite from the Lotte Hotel in Jeju South Korea! I want to stay there so badly!! D;

It covers all aspects of kawaii from fashion to art to air planes! And the book itself is so cute. It is all colour coded with great pastel and bright shades. Really captures kawaii!

I'd highly recommend this to any lovers of kawaii!

I may post a more detailed review once I actually get to read it properly! But so far LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment